Consulate General of Lebanon in Montreal
Transportation of Personal Belongings
· Transportation of furniture and personal belongings
· Transportation of cars
· Transportation of a domestic animal
Transportation of furniture and personal belongings (Application Form)
If a Lebanese citizen wishes to return to Lebanon for good and wants to ship his furniture and personal belongings without paying the Lebanese Customs fees, he/she must come to the Consulate General with the following documents:
- Detailed list (furniture, belongings) legalized by the Municipality or the City Hall. The list is valid for three moths only
- Certificate of Residence issued by the City-Hall or a solemn declaration confirming the residence in Canada for more than three years
- The Lebanese or Canadian passport that will be used for traveling to Lebanon
- New Lebanese I.D. or civil status act issued after 1993 (Ikhraj kayd)
- Citizenship card or permanent resident card
The applicant must be personally present in Lebanon to receive his/her belongings.
Fees: (payable cash)
- 30.00 $
Processing time: 2 working days.
Transportation of cars
To ship a car to Lebanon, it has to be less than 8 years old. There is no exemption from Customs fees. No documents needed from the Consulate General.
Transportation of a domestic animal
To travel with a domestic animal, the applicant must present a certificate from the veterinary, confirming that all the vaccinations are up to date and that the animal is in good health. No documents needed from the Consulate General.